Take steps to protect your identity
Here are a few guidelines you should consider regarding your personal information:
- Unless the recipient is personally known to you, never give out banking or credit information over the Internet, by phone or by mail.
- Never trust email offers that seem too good to be true. Unless you have requested to be contacted, consider them to be scams until proven otherwise.
- Don’t carry your Social Security card with you. Memorize your Social Security number and only give it out when necessary. Other information, such as a driver’s license number, will often work as well.
- Be smart about credit cards. Carry only those you will use that day. Report lost or stolen cards right away. Compare your statements with your receipts and report fraud immediately.
- Make sure your passwords are difficult to guess. Avoid birthdates, family member names, etc.
- Completely secure or destroy receipts, ATM slips, credit applications, insurance forms, checks, bank statements and credit offers you get in the mail.
Information from the Federal Trade Commission on protecting your identity.
Information from Equifax on Identity Theft Prevention, Protection, and Resources.
To report any suspicious email, U.S. Postal Service mail or telephone calls about your account with Hamilton Bank, please call us at 410-823-4510.
You may also contact us by email at email@example.com
Your identity is very valuable to criminals.